Residential Mold Remediation, Mold Removal, & Mold Testing in Raleigh, NC.
Residential Mold Remediation, Mold Removal & Mold Testing in Raleigh, NC
North Carolina’s Warm and humid climate is the perfect incubator for mold growth and development, particularly in late summer months like August and September. RestorePro Reconstruction is the company you want to identify and eliminate mold with residential mold remediation, residential mold removal, and residential mold testing in Raleigh, NC.
FOR AN ESTIMATE
Mold not only damages wood and other materials but can prove to be hazardous to health for you and your family. The EPA recommends residential mold remediation services for homes in Raleigh, NC and elsewhere affected by mold.
Some common signs of mold in Raleigh, NC homes include:
- Cold and flu-like symptoms such as coughing, stuffy nose, sneezing, sore eyes, and a sore throat
- Musty smells that become most noticeable when the heater or AC is turned on
- Extensive visible condensation
- Water leaks in roof, attic, or pipes
- Flood damage or a past history of flood damage
- Water stains on the cieling or walls
- Warped walls or peeling paint on walls
- Standing water
- Poor ventilation
- Dust and dirt
Raleigh Residential Mold Testing
The team at RestorePro Reconstruction are experts in the testing and identification of mold in your home. We use various residential mold testing types in Raleigh including:
- Non-Viable Air Sampling: The most common type of mold testing, non-viable air sampling uses lab testing of samples from both outside and inside of the home to provide identification and counts of mold spores and fragments. Non-viable air sampling results take about three days.
- Viable Air Samples:Viable air samples use cultures to determine the concentration of spores in the air and if conditions are present to promote spore growth. Viable air sample results take between 10 and 14 days.
- Swab Samples: Swab samples are taken from visible mold for the purpose of identification. The results are available in about three days, but samples may have variables that affect the reliability of swab sample testing.
- Visual Inspection: The experts at RestorePro Reconstruction perform visual inspections on areas of the home that tend to be problematic for mold growth. The removal of baseboards or a small amount of drywall are often used in visual inspections.
RestorePro Residential Mold Removal, Remediation, and Reconstruction Process
RestorePro Reconstruction has an expert residential mold removal division whose aim is to improve the quality of indoor air in homes. Depending on the severity of mold, residential mold remediation and removal may require simple cleaning for smaller mold issues or removal or demolition in extensive mold growth cases. No matter the severity of mold growth in your home, containment of mold is key. Areas that contain visible mold need to be contained to prevent the spread and contamination of unaffected areas. Plastic barriers and sheet-plastic/PVC tubing chambers are common methods of mold containment for homes in Raleigh, NC. Contaminated areas are HEPA filtered to prevent the flow of particulates like spores and other contaminants from moving to unaffected areas via air-flow.
If drywall, wood, or other types of materials need to be removed from the home, the RestorePro Reconstruction technicians bag the material prior to removal from the contaminated area to ensure cross-contamination is prevented. All surfaces within the contaminated area are cleaned with a fungicide and HEPA-vacuumed after demolition and initial cleaning are performed.
Residential mold remediation is commonly needed in crawlspaces of homes, and RestorePro Reconstruction has extensive experience with this kind of residential mold removal & mold remediation in Raleigh, NC. Crawlspace residential mold remediation in Raleigh may involve a simple cleaning of joists but more extensive mold infestation of crawlspaces requires the removal of the vapor barrier and insulation.
RestorePro Reconstruction Knows How To Get Rid of Mold in Raleigh Homes
If you are worried you might have mold or have visible mold in your home, contact RestorePro Reconstruction for residential mold testing, residential mold removal, and residential mold remediation in Raleigh, NC by calling (919) 835-0676 to schedule an appointment with one of our residential mold remediation technicians to test and remove mold.
RestorePro Reconstruction proudly offers quality home disaster restoration services to Raleigh and surrounding areas, including Durham, Cary, Chapel Hill, Apex, Hillsborough, Rocky Mount, ,Carrboro, and Wilson. Our restoration services include environmental testing, mold remediation, emergency water removal, flood clean up, and fire and smoke damage repair.