Mold Remediation & Testing for Schools & Hospitals in Raleigh
Mold Inspections & Mold Removal for Healthcare & Education Centers in the Raleigh, Durham & Surrounding Areas
Have you discovered mold or mildew in your school or healthcare facility? Mold is especially prominent during the more humid and rainy seasons in North Carolina, and mold can grow almost anywhere. Some types of mold, such as black mold, are toxic, and the EPA recommends immediate remediation.
FOR AN ESTIMATE
RestorePro Reconstruction provides extensive mold inspections and removal services for education and healthcare centers in Raleigh and throughout the Triangle area.
Look for these signs of mold in your Raleigh facility:
- Students, employees or clients suffering from cold-like symptoms when in the building, such as sore eyes, a stuffy nose, sneezing, coughing and a sore throat
- Moldy or musty smells, especially when the air conditioner or heater is turned on
- Water leaks in the pipes, roof or attic
- Humidity levels above 60 percent and condensation
- Past flooding or a history of water problems
- Water stains on the walls or ceilings
- Peeling paint or warped walls
- Poor ventilation
- Standing water
- Dust and dirt
How We Remove & Remediate Mold Problems in Schools & Hospitals
The mold division of RestorePro Reconstruction aims to improve the indoor air quality of homes and buildings. Mold remediation may involve anything from simple cleaning to materials removal and demolition. The key to good mold remediation is containment. An area with visible mold growth must be contained in order to prevent contamination into other areas of the building. Containment is usually achieved by erecting plastic barriers at doorways, or by creating a chamber with sheet plastic and PVC tubing as a frame. HEPA filtration is used to set containment under negative pressure, preventing the flow of particulate material from the contained area into the rest of the unaffected home or business.
Any drywall, wood or other material that is removed is always bagged before leaving containment to prevent cross-contamination. After demo and initial cleaning, surfaces within the contained area are cleaned with an EPA-registered fungicidal solution and HEPA vacuumed.
RestorePro Reconstruction performs many crawlspace remediations, especially for real estate sales. A crawlspace remediation may be a simple matter of cleaning a few joists, but very often insulation and vapor barrier removal is necessary. Soda-blasting (pressure blasting with crystallized baking soda) will take care of the worst mold growth in a crawlspace.
We also perform air quality and bulk fungal testing services.
Education & Health Care Facilitiy Mold Testing & Mildew Inspections in Raleigh, Durham & Beyond
RestorePro Reconstruction has a team of experts who are experienced in testing and identifying mold in education and healthcare facilities. We offer a variety of types of mold testing in Raleigh and surrounding areas, including:
- Non-Viable Air Samplings are the most common type of air sampling. A technician takes samples both inside and outside of the structure and sends them to a lab for spore identification, counts, and hyphal fragments. We’ll have your results in just three days.
- Viable Air Samples are taken in order to determine how many spores in a given amount of air are colonies forming or if the conditions are right for the spores to grow. Because these samples are cultured, they take 10-14 days to be returned.
- Swab Samples are taken for identification purposes. Results are usually returned within three days. However, these samples have several variables that sometimes affect the reliability of this test.
- Visual Inspection easily identifies mold. The experienced mold technicians at Sparkkles will inspect areas that are commonly problematic but not as obvious to the homeowner. Sometimes a visual inspection requires removal of baseboards and small amount of drywall.
Our Experts Know How To Get Rid of Mold in Your Raleigh Area Education Facility or Healthcare Center
If you suspect or spot mold in your facility, call RestorePro Reconstruction in Raleigh, NC at (919) 835-0676 to get rid of the problem.
RestorePro Reconstruction has proudly offered quality home, office and facility disaster restoration services to Raleigh and the surrounding areas for over 30 years. Our service area includes Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Hillsborough, Carrboro, Cary, Apex, Rocky Mount, Wilson, and beyond. We provide disaster restoration services such as mold remediation and inspections, flood clean up, and fire and smoke damage repair.
FOR AN ESTIMATE