Home Mold Testing, Removal, & Remediation in Durham
The humidity and heat of North Carolina can provide a perfect environment for mold growth in and around your home. If you suspect mold growth, contact the residential mold testing, removal, & remediation experts at RestorePro Reconstruction.
Mold in and around your home is not something to be taken lightly. Some types of mold can prove harmful, even fatal, especially for the young, the aged, and small pets. If you think you may have mold, have a professional take a look ASAP! Some common signs of home mold growth in Durham, NC include:
- Symptoms similar to cold or flu, including sore eyes & throat, stuffy nose, coughinh, & sneezing,
- Moldy smells when the AC or heat is turned on
- Visible condensation or high humidity
- Leaky roof, attic, or pipes
- A history of flooding
- Water stains
- Lack of ventilation
The experts at RestorePro Reconstruction are here to help with mold identification & testing in Durham, NC. Some of the methods we use are:
- Non-Viable Air Sampling: Samples are taken within the home and outside and then sent to the lab to identify and provide a count of mold and spore growth. Results take three days.
- Viable Air Samples: Determine the number of spores in an air space or if conditions exist for mold colony formation . These samples are cultured and require 10-14 days.
- Swab Samples: Used for identification. Lab results in three days
- Visual Inspection: An experienced mold technician fro RestorePro Reconstruction inspects areas for mold, including baseboards, drywall, attics, & crawlspaces.
When a mold technician from RestorePro Reconstruction arrives at your house for mold remediation services in Durham, NC, the first step is containment. Unaffected areas are quarantined and damaged items and structures are bagged and removed to prevent contamination of mold from spreading. Once containment and removal of items has been achieved, the area is washed with a chemical fungicide, and HEPA filtration and vacuuming is used.
Items that are moved off-site are tested to determine if they are salvageable. If the items can be saved, they are cleaned and filtered in much the same way as affected areas in the home are, with fungicide, HEPA filtration, & HEPA vacuuming. Once these items and the home itself are thoroughly cleaned of mold, the items are returned to their original place.
If you are concerned about mold growth in tour Durham, NC home, don’t leave it to chance: call the mold testing, mold remediation, & mold damage reconstruction experts at RestorePro Reconstruction at (919) 835-0676. We will be happy to schedule your home for mold testing or mold remediation services.
RestorePro Reconstruction is your trusted source for home mold testing, mold remediation, & mold damage reconstruction in Durham, Raleigh, Garner, Knightdale, Morrisville, Apex, Wake Forest, and other areas around the Triangle. In addition to our residential mold testing & remediation services, we also provide residential water damage restoration, residential smoke & fire damage repair, and commercial services. Contact RestorePro Reconstruction 24/7 for any of your home emergencies in Durham and beyond.